The TYME Iron was created to work on all hair types! We recommend booking a free StyleTYME session upon receiving your iron. Our stylists will meet with you via Skype, Google Hangouts, or FaceTime. The sessions are 30 minutes long and are always free with your purchase.
You can book your free StyleTYME session here!
- If you have a kink or crimped look at the top, make sure you are sectioning your hair forward. That will set all of your hair up to travel forward and smooth the section. Check out our Learning the Angles in the Mirror and Getting Rid of Frizz blog post for more information.
- If it is little flyaway hairs, those happen because you are curling all of the hair away from your head. As a result, the shorter hairs pop out. This is easily solved by using a fine-tooth comb to smooth the top, or you can spray hairspray and use the side of the hairspray can to smooth the top!
- In most cases, the person using the iron just needs to travel slower down the hair. Your hair should look like silk and the curl should form on its own. If that's happening and the curl is not holding, you may want to look at what products you use on your hair. If you use any oil-based products or leave-in conditioners, these tend to be very heavy and may prevent the curl from holding.
- Check out our How to Make Your Curls Last for Days blog post!
- The TYME Iron works on hair one inch and longer! Check out our blog post and this YouTube video for how to curl short hair.
- TYME Iron - Curling Short Hair Video
- How To Curl Short Hair with the TYME Iron
- The TYME Iron definitely works on curly hair. You don't have to straighten first because the iron smooths as it curls. Learn more here:
- Using the TYME Iron to Curl Naturally Curly Hair
- Jayla Curls Her Naturally Curly Hair with the TYME Iron
- The TYME Iron can be used with your right or left hand. We've attached another blog post and video to help! Keep in mind, you can always book a free StyleTYME session if you need additional assistance. Our stylists can teach you how to use your iron with your left hand or teach you how to use it with your right hand (even if you're a lefty!)
- Using the TYME Iron as a Lefty
- How to Curl with your Left Hand